Casablanca was nominated for 8 Academy Awards and won 3 at the 16th Academy Awards (award winners are in bold). Controversially, Jack Warner accepted the Best Picture award for the film greatly upsetting Hal Wallis which led to the producer leaving Warner Bros. later that year.
- Outstanding Motion Picture – Warner Bros. & Producer Hal B. Wallis
- Best Director – Michael Curtiz
- Best Writing, Screenplay – Julius J. Epstein, Philip G. Epstein, and Howard Koch
- Best Actor – Humphrey Bogart
- Best Supporting Actor – Claude Rains
- Best Cinematography – Arthur Edeson
- Best Film Editing – Owen Marks
- Best Music (Score of a Dramatic or Comedy Picture) – Max Steiner
New York Film Critics nominated the film for their best picture award, but the film lost to In Which We Serve (1942).
The below video includes highlights from the 16th Academy Awards: